29 Sep Media
To obtain any of the above-mentioned materials, or if you have any questions, contact:
Chenelle Mcgee, President | CEO
Direct Line: 502.633.6388
What we need from you:
- Name(s) of journalist and/or photographer
- Mailing address
- Telephone number, fax number, e-mail, etc.
- Brief biographical sketch
- Tear sheets not more than 2 years old
- Two editorial references (name, publications, phone numbers)
You must also provide the following article-specific information:
- Name of targeted publication(s)
- Letter of assignment (if working for a specific publication)
- Arrival date, length of visit, departure date
- Types of activities or special interest/focus of story/special requests
Please note that targeted publications must have a minimum circulation of 20,000 unless otherwise approved by the ShelbyKY Tourism Commission & Visitors Bureau (SCVB).
The SCVB will provide the following services to bonafide travel writers:
- Press Pass – The SCVB will offer passes for writers and photographers whose names are listed on the bylines of the tear sheets. Costs incurred by family members and/or friends traveling with a writer will be paid for by the writer.
- Accommodations – The SCVB will provide complimentary rooms for up to 2 nights for writers on assignment. If the writer is not on assignment, it is up to the individual property to decide if services will be complimentary or at a reduced rate. Accommodations are subject to availability.
- Ground Transportation – You are responsible for your own transportation outside of the Shelby County area. Rental cars are the responsibility of the writer, but a list of local rental companies will be supplied if requested.
- Photographic Images and video footage – The SCVB maintains an online photo library should the writer need pictures to accompany a story.
- Meals are not provided by the SCVB. It is up to individual properties to decide if meals will be complimentary or at a reduced rate upon the writer’s request.
- Writers must give the SCVB at least two business weeks’ notice before their arrival (unless special circumstances arise – to be approved by the SCVB).
Tear sheets on any subsequent stories on the ShelbyKY area are to be provided to the SCVB upon publication.
State of Kentucky articles:
If you are interested in doing a story on other areas of the state, please contact:
Kathy Yount, Asst. Director Marketing & Communications
Kentucky Department of Travel and Tourism
Direct Line: (800) 225-8747 ext. 120