17 Jan President & CEO
President & CEO
President and CEO of ShelbyKY Tourism Commission & Visitors Bureau
We are seeking a self-motivated & dynamic President & CEO to manage operations and activities for the DMO (destination marketing organization) including strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, events promotion and supervision of staff, consultants and agencies. All programs of the Commission are designed to position Shelbyville & Simpsonville as a premier, year-round destination by attracting leisure, group and international visitors. This individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Under the policy direction of the Tourism Commission’s Board of Directors, the CEO manages operations and activities for the DMO (destination marketing organization) including strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, events promotion and supervision of staff, consultants and agencies. All programs of the Commission are designed to position Shelbyville & Simpsonville as a premier, year-round destination by attracting leisure, group and international visitors. This position requires commitment to working with the Board of Directors to establish and achieve short and long-term goals. The CEO provides leadership for ethical and effective operations and assures activities of the DMO follow established policies and function within the bylaws and legislation. In addition, the CEO is responsible for monitoring industry trends and leveraging those insights while also advocating for the tourism industry at local, state and federal levels. Furthermore, the CEO is the partnership liaison and community relations ambassador.
Duties Applicable but not limited to:
A. Creation of Marketing Strategy/Plans annually
B. Oversee content, production and distribution of marketing materials-strategies for branding, print & online advertising, electronic marketing, public relations, collateral materials, social media and exhibits/trade shows.
C. Creation of annual operating budget.
D. Execute Kentucky Marketing Incentive Program.
E. Responsible for the achievement/success of ShelbyKY Tourism & Visitor Bureaus mission statement, vision and strategic plan.
F. Oversee compliance of all legal & regulatory standards/requirements.
G. Actively advocate for the Tourism Commission’s beliefs, brand and programs.
H. Manage Press Developments.
I. Create & Institute tours and itineraries for the leisure, group & international travel markets.
J. Conduct annual performance reviews for staff.
K. Maintenance of strong relations and solicitation for strategic ideas from local Tourism Inventory and Commissioners.
L. Monitor industry and destination marketing trends impacting the ShelbyKY area and Commonwealth of Kentucky.
M. Maintain Statewide, Regional & Local profile in the travel industry through Associations, Committees, and Marketing Cooperatives.
N. Attend Marketplace & Travel Exhibition shows to sell the ShelbyKY area, Bourbon Horses & History Marketing Region and State of Kentucky as a travel destination.
O. Tour Guide/Step-On Guide for ShelbyKY attractions in both the Leisure and Group Market.
P. Consultations with potential and new travel/tourism businesses, along with strategic planning for existing businesses.
Q. Customer Service Instruction for front line staff.
R. Marketing Consultant to area businesses within the travel/tourism sector.
S. Oversight, Management and Facilitation for the Stargazer Plaza & Shelbyville Conference Center, expected to be completed in 2020 & 2021 respectively.
T. Any other requests for the travel/tourism sector of Shelbyville / Shelby County / Simpsonville requested by the ShelbyKY Tourism Board of Directors.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Hospitality or Marketing, PR or Business or related field.
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR JOB
• Experience in a strategic or leadership role in destination marketing, public relations, organizational management – or equivalent experience.
• Experience with website management, analytics and reporting, social media strategy and analytics, brand management, digital marketing are required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with local organizations, tourism groups and local government officials.
• Experience/Knowledge in Government Finances and Budgets.
• Ability to direct, train, and motivate a small team of employees.
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel to represent the organization at industry meetings. All of the foregoing duties shall be performed to the satisfaction of the Board in conformity with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Tourism Commission and Board of Directors.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM
• Additional after hours and weekend hours as required
• Travel outside of Kentucky & USA to conferences, meetings and events is required.
• $50,000 – $65,000 annual salary, FLSA Status: Exempt
• Additional benefits
Email resume and cover letter to VisitShelbyKy@gmail.com no later than February 14, 2020.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT
Commissioners and employees of the Bureau may not have any interest, direct or indirect, in any contract or transaction with the Bureau unless the conflict of