Thank you for your interest in ShelbyKY
If you are interested in writing a story about the American Saddlebred Capital of the World, we’re here to help. We have Press Kits, Photos, and Video footage available for editorial use.
To obtain any of the above-mentioned materials, or if you have any questions, contact:
Chenelle Mcgee, President | CEO
Direct Line: 502.633.6388
What we need from you:
- Name(s) of journalist and/or photographer
- Mailing address
- Telephone number, fax number, e-mail, etc.
- Brief biographical sketch
- Tear sheets not more than 2 years old
- Two editorial references (name, publications, phone numbers)
You must also provide the following article-specific information:
- Name of targeted publication(s)
- Letter of assignment (if working for a specific publication)
- Arrival date, length of visit, departure date
- Types of activities or special interest/focus of story/special requests
Please note that targeted publications must have a minimum circulation of 20,000 unless otherwise approved by the ShelbyKY Tourism Commission & Visitors Bureau (SCVB).
The SCVB will provide the following services to bonafide travel writers:
- Press Pass – The SCVB will offer passes for writers and photographers whose names are listed on the bylines of the tear sheets. Costs incurred by family members and/or friends traveling with a writer will be paid for by the writer.
- Accommodations – The SCVB will provide complimentary rooms for up to 2 nights for writers on assignment. If the writer is not on assignment, it is up to the individual property to decide if services will be complimentary or at a reduced rate. Accommodations are subject to availability.
- Ground Transportation – You are responsible for your own transportation outside of the Shelby County area. Rental cars are the responsibility of the writer, but a list of local rental companies will be supplied if requested.
- Photographic Images and video footage – The SCVB maintains an online photo library should the writer need pictures to accompany a story.
- Meals are not provided by the SCVB. It is up to individual properties to decide if meals will be complimentary or at a reduced rate upon the writer’s request.
- Writers must give the SCVB at least two business weeks’ notice before their arrival (unless special circumstances arise – to be approved by the SCVB).
Tear sheets on any subsequent stories on the ShelbyKY area are to be provided to the SCVB upon publication.
State of Kentucky articles:
If you are interested in doing a story on other areas of the state, please contact:
Kathy Yount, Asst. Director Marketing & Communications
Kentucky Department of Travel and Tourism
Direct Line: (800) 225-8747 ext. 120