Deadline for Consideration: April 1, 2024
ShelbyKY Tourism is pleased to announce it is offering a scholarship to one graduating senior in the class of 2024. The scholarship is designed to assist a Shelby County student who intends to pursue a postsecondary degree in tourism/hospitality, equine studies, communications, or advertising/marketing, and have a career in Shelby County. The scholarship will be awarded to pay tuition toward a degree at an accredited institution.
The $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student to be determined by a committee of the Shelby County Tourism Commission. The scholarship will be paid to the student's post-secondary institution one time at the beginning of the first term and is non-renewable. The scholarship must be used during the year for which it was presented, or it will be awarded to an alternate applicant.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a senior.
- The applicant must successfully be on track to graduate in May of 2024.
- The applicant must be a Shelby County, KY resident.
- The applicant must express a desire to obtain a career in Shelby County following their postsecondary training.
- The applicant must be accepted into a program at an accredited institution related to their area of study.
Each applicant must submit the following:
- A ShelbyKY Tourism & Visitors Bureau Scholarship Application
- An official high school transcript
- A resume (not to exceed two pages) including the following:
- Personal Information
- Career Objective
- School and Community Activities
- Work Experience
- A 500-word essay explaining the need for the scholarship and desire to work in the tourism/hospitality, marketing/advertising, communication/public relations or equine industries.
- Three signed letters of recommendation (non-family)
Applicants failing to submit the required materials will not be considered.
Each application will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the ShelbyKY Tourism Commission & Visitors Bureau Workforce Committee. Selection will be made on the basis of the application, resume, and scholastic performance. Winner and alternate(s) will be selected. The completed scholarship application, transcript, and resume must be received or postmarked by April 1, 2024. All materials must be submitted in one envelope at the same time, or the applicant will be disqualified.
Submit the completed application and required materials to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
219 7th St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact ShelbyKY Tourism at (502) 633-6388.